Linear Friction Welding with ACB presses
Reduced machining costs for the aerospace industry.
Linear Friction Welding is a solid state welding at forging temperature where the heat is generated by the friction.
BENEFITS OF LINEAR FRICTION WELDING:
- Solid state welding at forging temperature
- The heat is generated by the linear friction
- Near net shape manufacturing improves buy-to-fly ratio
- Reduces machining costs.
LINEAR FRICTION WELDING PROCESS:
Linear Friction Welding is a solid state welding at forging temperature.
The heat is generated by the friction and the process is generally divided into 4 phases:
- Contact: the 2 parts are put in contact
- Conditioning: pressure is applied and oscillation motion starts
- Burn-off: pressure and motion are still applied and the material is expelled
- Forge: oscillations are stopped and pressure is held during cool down
For Linear Friction Welding enquires in UK or EIRE relating to ACB Aries Alliance presses please contact MikeB@M-TechUK.com