Super Plastic Forming with ACB presses
Superplastic forming has emerged as a reliable method of manufacturing in the aerospace industry.
Superplastic forming (SPF) technology is used for the production of complex aircraft parts.
BENEFITS OF SUPER PLASTIC FORMING:
- Used for shaping or sizing material which is impossible to form cold
- Consists of Hot forming titanium or Aluminium superplastic alloys
- Using inert gas pressure, this takes advantage of the metals' strong elongation capabilities
- The process can be associated with diffusion bonding (SPF/DB) to obtain complex parts
- Parts and tools are uploaded by a shuttle
SUPER PLASTIC FORMING PROCESS:
During Super Plastic Forming cycles, materials such as titanium and aluminum are heated to their superplastic state.
At the superplastic state, the elongation ratio is incredibly high, resulting in a high formability.
To reach this state, temperature and strain rate must be controlled precisely by ACB’s highly specialized software, OPSYS.
For Super Plastic Forming enquires in UK or EIRE relating to ACB Aries Alliance presses please contact MikeB@M-TechUK.com